Before I drill the holes...

Here are a couple pics of my mocked up system without the connecting hoses.

The intake line will come up from the tank (see place where black tape is covering the access area now) then go down to the low pressure Holley sitting on the lower level. It in turn will push fuel through a 75 micron filter (Fuelab suggested pushing instead of pulling as the Holley has a built in screen and low pressure pumps don't like to work too hard to suck fuel...less obstruction this way). That will exit out and go back on top to feed the swirl pot. That in turn feeds the high pressure pump which exits into a 10 micron filter then onto the rails. The regulator will be mounted on the back bulkhead just above the engine. I will also hok up the overfill return from the swirl to the main tank (spilling onto foam...guess that is OK although it might wear down the foam at that spot in time).

Please let me know if you see anything you don't like about this setup.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Fuel1Small.jpg
    Fuel1Small.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 268
  • Fuel2Small.jpg
    Fuel2Small.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 252
Darrin,
You need a regular fuel filte(paper cartrige etc.) before your low pressure pump. There is always some trash in the tanks whether from building them or from the local station where you fill up. Since you are using foam that is reason enough. Couldn't tell but is your regulator before or after the fuel rails? My vote is after.

Bill

I was thinking that too Bill. At least that's always the way I see them set up. I'll put one in before. The 75 micron may be fine but will research it.

After on the regulator.

If you are using braided lines you might want to get the filters as close to the pumps as possible. I had a line from the filter to the lo pump start leaking. Replaced it without any problem. Went out on a drive and thirty minutes later the high pump died in traffic. Fortunately I was at a red light and after the traffic cleared was able to get off the road. When I tore the high pump down found a piece of rubber in the vane, which stopped it cold. Removed it and it ran perfectly. Just goes to show it doesn't take much to kill them. I am just glad it wasn't the line from the filter to the injectors!

Bill

Back