Fuel filler hose

I went with the clear PVC like others here have done. It fits fine but the stuff has a horrible kink in it as the tank filler hole is not directly below the filler cap.

Do you all that use it put in some kind of stent to keep it from kinking or just live with it that way?

The way it is right now, I'm thinking of just going with something else.

Would softening the hose with heat allow a bend to be produced, then cooled, without a kink?

I've been thinking about that. Maybe try to put a 45 degree iron elbow inside then heat it up. Move to the lower section and do it again. Probably what I will try.

Hi Darren

I've used hose like this in the past...

Heavy Duty Flexible Fuel Fill 1 Yard Length - FFHO1

which easily bends without kinking

Thanks. I found some Gates I like (GATES Part # 23932) that looks identical. If I can't get the clear PVC to work, that's next on the list. Just hoping not to throw away what I have as it wasn't cheap. Gosh, thinking about it, with all of the line fittings I've bought, the clamps, hoses, etc. I must have close to...oh...I don't want to even think about it.

Darin,
I had the same problem. All I did was add some 45 degree bends in line and double clamp. Hasn't leaked since and that was several years ago. Had the car cranked about 2 years ago even though I just got it on the road, and that includes taking them off a time or two.

Bill

Back