Nitrile Fuel Cell repair

Hi Guys,
I wonder if any UK GT40 types have any experience with companies that can repair a (very minor) leak in the tank of my CAV. I have been in contact with the SA company that produces the tank (Buck Rogers Aviation (!)) on behalf of CAV and they discribed a product called PRC which is seemingly used for minor repairs of this type in the helicopter or aviation field and is a two part system that mixes to a paste and chemically cures. Any help much appreciated.

Pat

Supporter
Michael, did you ever get a resolution to your question? I have a need to seal a fuel cell in my formula car and was curious how you fared. In looking at the PRC catalog, they offer a variety of sealants.

We use PRC 890B 1/2 all the time at the hangar. With a fuel leak, ideally, you want to access the inside of the tank to repair the leak. After you access the area clean the affected area with MEK, then straight isopropyl alcohol, let dry and apply the mixed sealant. Be careful with this chemical as it's a nasty carcinogen.

Last edited:
Don't know if you have this over there, but JB Weld is a great product. I used it externally to seal a leak in my oil pan. One of the welds started a leak several years after I bought it. I aplied it and rubbed it into the weld trying to force it through the leak(1-2 drop per day or so). It finally stopped the leak after three attempts. Hasn't leaked since. We use it for any type leak from water to gas. Comes in stick surround with activator middle. Just break off a bit and knead it til they blend and apply. Clean dry surface is best.

Bill

Back