Fuse box location

O K Dave, here they are. I have two of these boxes. they are "Project Box" from Radio Shack , They come in different sizes so You will have to measure your fuse panel and find the one that best suites you.

Left side
P2150081_zpsd59e73cf.jpg

Right side
P1010062_zpsf2d89874.jpg

Inside left one.
WebP1010089_zpsdc8d233a.jpg

If I were going to redo this I would drill separate holes alongside the fuse box on the left and run the individual wires through . Would look neater.

Inside the right one, all the relays for all the power eaters. these were just riveted to the side walls with wide aluminum pop rivets.they are forgiving and don't warp the plastic.
WebP1010087_zps3b110958.jpg

Back of right one. Need to connect the relays with terminal strips. Keeps it all in one place. Labels are from McMaster Carr I believe and held with clear shrink wrap.
WebP1010085_zpsa2854d36.jpg

The boxes were countersunk into the panels and are a friction fit. The boxes are tough and thick. If you look closely my car has vertical pieces in the engine bay that run from the rear window, down to the sill. When paneled, gave me some space to run the wires.
I also have electronic ignition and needed a place for them. They were just wide enough to fit on cushioned mounts along the outside of the boxes.This pic for some reason had the cover off the fuse box. There is a matching one on the right side as well. It was all based on being symmetrical. I added the frame around them to cover the rough edges of the cut outs.

P1010018-1_zpsab4c2839.jpg

When I first laid out the wiring for my car, I tried to keep all the looms to the sides of the center compartment. When I added the false floors(washboard floors) I was able to add insulation in the low sections of the floor and run the wires along the floor. There was no threat of crushing or breaking the wires. Probably next winter I plan to take a more organized approach to the running of the wires. I will work on redoing most if not all the wiring of the car. I have way too many splices in the wiring. By then I hopefully will be done adding things to it. I will continue to use the Weatherpack connectors. Any wiring that needs to be hidden will go into the frames and will be shielded. I will probably utilize the bulkhead connectors more heavily. Somewhere in there I will get a schematic of what goes where. Now if my senility factor goes up by then, it can just stay the way it is.

Bill

Sorry to jump in here, just wanted so say thanks for sharing that info Bill. I've been trying to think up a neat solution for labelling cables for a while now. Clear shrink wrap - didn't know you could get this. Genius :)

Back