Cole Hersee Rotary Switches

Hello there,

Can anybody help me with this, please?

I'm after an email address or phone number of someone that I can contact to get some information on Cole Hersee rotary switches, so that I can buy a couple for my car. There's no help from the distributors in Oz and no reply from the states as yet.

I've sent the following to various people. I realise I'm more a nuisance than anything, but it's a bit frustrating. Any help gratefully received.

Cheers,

Lance

I’m sorry to bother you, but I’m contacting you because I haven’t been able to obtain information from the suppliers in Australia.

I am looking for two 3-position rotary switches to go into the console of a car I'm building. They are to replace two of the switches between the seats in the image below. (attached)

One of the switches is a momentary 3-position rotary switch (On - Off / Park - On). It is used to open the car doors.
Cole Hersee switch 75701 would seem to fit the bill, but I don't have any physical dimensions for the unit to check if it will fit.
Cole Hersee also quote 75712-04, 90005-01 and 95005-03 but I can't find what specs differences there are between the switches, in order to be able to pick between them. Can you please supply this information for me?

The other switch is a three position (On - Off - On) switch which will be used to select the left or right mirror for adjustment by the joystick (third knob). I couldn't find a Cole Hersee rotary switch that provided this function. The nearest seemed to be 95062-10 or 95062-50-BX which are 4 position switches. I would not use the start function. I couldn't find any information on these. The other possibility is 95061-04, which is a 3 position switch, but may require modification to change from Off - On - On configuration. Can you please supply this information for me?

Can you please advise on the suitability, availability and price of rotary switches for these functions? I only need one of each.

If any queries, please contact me by email at the above addresses.

Thanks for any help you may be able to give me.

Attachments

• DSC03393 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03393 (Medium).JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 444
Lance
Long time no see....I tried calling you a few months ago. Give me a call if you get time. Would be good to catch up.

Howard Jones

Supporter
I looked for awhile and came up with this. When I have some more time I'll do a search through some engineering catalogs at work. Keep looking, if it's not on Google then it's not available.

95062-10 by COLE HERSEE - SW,ROT,IGN,4 POS,PLS

Bingo!

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Cole-Hersee-75701-Universal-Rotary/dp/B000ZDQ5NS/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top/176-4726474-5019565[/ame]

http://www.partdeal.com/cole-hersee-momentary-3-position-rotary-switch-75701.html

Cole Hersee 75701 - Reversing Switch | O'Reilly Auto Parts

Rotary Switches & Headlamp Dimmer Switches | Universal Application Rotary Switches75701 | Cole Hersee - Littelfuse

Here's another source with a LOT of switches

http://www.elecdirect.com/catalog/4135b2f9-23c8-4294-a143-39d9fc3aa4b1.aspx

Last edited:
Thanks for that, Howard.

That gives give me someone to order from.

In addition, Littelfuse have now answered my email with some technical information which has enabled me to check and choose which switches I need.

Thanks again and Cheers,

Lance

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Lance, marine dealers sell a lot of CH stuff. You might try a ship chandlery or recreational marine supplier. In the USA it would be someone like West Marine or Defender Marine. I don't know about down under, but CH have been a quality supplier for boats for decades, so someone is probably handling it down there.

Hello Jim,

Yes, I have some CH switches on my boat. As it turns out, after the local supplier couldn't help, I went to the Australian distributor direct. They didn't even have most of the switches listed, didn't have any details anyway and suggested I go direct to the states! Amazing.

Cheers,

Lance

Hello again,

I now have the information I'm after on these switches.

I'm after Cole Hersee rotary switches 72153-02 and 72154-02

Unfortunately, one is now obsolete (why are rotary switches now an endangered species?) and the other is only available in packs of 80.

I may be tilting at windmills here, but I would really like to maintain consistency in my dashboard switching, so I'm still trying to find them. I only need one of each, but I'll buy a couple for spares. I know it's not a big order.

I'm looking everywhere I can on the net without much luck so far. Does anyone happen to know a stockist that carries a reasonably large stock of switches?

In these days of "just in time" warehousing, I may be out of luck. Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

Lance

Hello Rick,

Thanks for that. Although they list the rotary switches I'm after (Cole Hersee 72153-02 and 72154-02) they're actually obsolete and not available. Unless someone happens to have a couple on a shelf somewhere, I'm out of luck. As it turns out, I've had to buy rocker switches to use and will replace them in the future, if I happen to stumble across rotary style switches.

Regards,

Lance

Yes, it will be interesting to find out about that, won't it? As it turns out the Soarer engine is very quiet compared with other engines, so I'm hopeful. Less metal bits flying around inside, I guess, but the blower whine and the dry sump pump belt may interfere with musical listening pleasure. We'll see. I've only had it running inside a garage and the exhaust was huge in an enclosed space.

Worst case is that I listen to the music from the sound system when parked and music from the propulsion system when driving!

Cheers,

Lance

Attachments

• IMG_0090.jpg
    IMG_0090.jpg
    397.2 KB · Views: 287
Back