RFID keyless entry and start.

Anyone gone this route?

I'd like to but want to make sure I get a decent unit. So far I'm not finding much that I would trust based on the reviews.

So the way I read that, you can just get in to the vehicle and press start and go.

Hence why major OEMs require the car to have some safety mechanism i.e the clutch has to be depressed to enable the power start to work; otherwise you could have your car shooting off down the road or into another vehicle

So the way I read that, you can just get in to the vehicle and press start and go.

Hence why major OEMs require the car to have some safety mechanism i.e the clutch has to be depressed to enable the power start to work; otherwise you could have your car shooting off down the road or into another vehicle

I believe it's rigged in with the brake. I'll follow up with them, but that's the way all of the others I have ever seen have it set up.

Darrin, I think you think you could use a micro switch on the clutch pedal to enable something, so for example you could use a normally open micro switch to break the circuit from the dash mounted Start/Stop switch to the controller; this switch input would therefore only work for start and stop presses, when the clutch is pressed. So if you hit the stop button when you are cruising at 150 mph, she won't turn off, unless you have the clutch pressed.

Perhaps these kits do have an input, for this purpose? K

Back