Roll-over check valve

Greetings,

I am building an RCR and was wondering if any of you have put in check valves for fuel tanks such that if the car flips, a machanism stops the flow of fuel.

If you have, can yoou share what you did?

Thanks.

Tru

Tru,
There are many choices for the roll overr valve(s). Best selection is Demon Tweeks in EnglandMotorsport, Motorcycle & Car Equipment, Accessories, Tuning & Clothing | Sparco, Alpinestars, Arai, Recaro, OMP - Demon Tweeks. You want one that is slightly pressurized so that air can escape out the vent when heated and is expanding, and also allows air back in when the fuel level drops. In a GT 40 you will need vent lines from the front and back(to keep any air bubbles from forming and generating pressure forcing the fuel out the line if parked down hill for instance) connected by a Y to the front(my version) for both sides. I placed the vents to the outside next to my fuel fillers.Hope this explains it well enough.

Bill

FWIW Pantera parts vendors sell a check valve that uses a standard Ford (plastic) valve mated to a custom adapter to allow it to be affixed to the Pantera tank (a simple flat disc with three holes for rivets).

Point being, Ford sells the check valve and it's not expensive--$25 or so....

OMG, you guys are great!

I am not sure I would share my build as I see people on here with a vast amount of talent of which I could not compare.

But this information is great as I prepare to cut metal.

Tru

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I chose this rollover vent from TANKS INC.

Remote Mount Rollover Vent Valve

This will mount on the cowl just under the front clip not far from the fuel fillers on each side..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 207
Back