CAV GT40 light bulbs

I have CAV GT40 #170 with “correct Italian tail lights”. The rear turn indicator bulb has burned out. I cannot find a bulb that works. The information on the end of the bulb is “Phillips 12V-5/20 FIAT 6V.” I would also like to get spares for the brake light bulb also. The information on that bulb is “FIAT 6T OSHRAM 7532 12 V 20W.” I have tried auto stores and the internet, but no luck. I have the original tail lights that were from CAV, but those bulbs don’t work. Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.

Pat

Supporter
If you have another application (i.e. non CAV taillight), I'd think checking with the manufacturer of whatever tail light assembly you're using would be a start. I'd also take the old bulbs to NAPA and see if they can find a bulb with the same base.
I believe the originals were out of a Simca 1000 but I'd be surprised if they are what's in your car. Those units are very rare and priced north of $1,500.
Ford part: GT40P-13-7091
Sev marchall part: 640-2003
18-4-13569

For most of us we have the Fiat 850/Lancia Stratos versions.

You said the CAV bulbs didn't fit but as a reference, stock early CAV/Fiat 850/Lancia Stratos bulbs are:

Bulbs
Brake P21W E8
Turn P21W E8
Tail R5W

I bought mine at Autozone. I put an LED bulb in the taillight the rest are the incandescents as shown.

Last edited:
The folks at O'Reilly's had no problem matching bulbs. Just wish there were a way of accessing the light bulbs from the outside, rather than from the inside. I guess that is why the access panel is there!
Thanks again.

Back