signal lighting

Gents,

I've learned that a previously helpful and lenient tech inspector in my state has retired, and his replacement is a by-the-book kind of guy when it comes to lighting specs. i.e. he wants to see DOT/SAE lights in all positions. Does anyone have any recommendations for front turn signal and front side marker lights that won't look like the proverbial wart on my Lola T70 spyder?

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Thanks Ian. E marked lights are what I have, and they won't pass inspection in NY. I need SAE DOT lights, so likely a USA supplier is required. The website above seems to have only 1 or 2 items with the SAE stamp on them.

couldn't you make the same thing with any light with that stamp on it? I mean just deck the back apply double sided 3m (or get fancy with magnets and pins. Think connection pins for removable cell phone battery) and your choice of power supply and there you go. Clip on for test (this is where the magnet idea comes in) and off for every other time. I know classic car guys have been shaving lights for some time now.

Back