Radiator fill and overflow

I have an RCR radiator. Just one inlet/one outlet on them (nice looking radiator BTW). So, I need a way to fill the thing and am wondering what most here have done. Do you just mount some sort of filler port back in the engine area that fills into an overflow area that in turn feeds into where the heater hose goes in a T fitting?

The Coyote/BOSS mustang engines have what they call a Degas bottle that has a T connection that I think would make a good spot to pipe to (see photo).

Attachments

• N0120505_580MarkUp.gif
    N0120505_580MarkUp.gif
    20.7 KB · Views: 330

Renato

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Darrin,

Here's a picture of Coyote Cooling System in a Mustang. It's not the same as GT40 but it is a good start to figure out the piping.

I'm planning to do similar to Mustang but didn't figure it all out yet.

Renato

Attachments

• Coyote Cooling System.jpg
    Coyote Cooling System.jpg
    485.2 KB · Views: 311

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
I've installed a separate small pint-sized cavity (next to the engine) with a radiator cap on it, that is connected through a small hose (3/8") to the coolant system plumbing going to the heads. From there, any overflow goes to/from a small overflow reservoir (located adjacent to the cavity) used for fluid level maintenance.

For initial filling, I use the AirLift system (placed into the radiator cap opening in the small cavity) which uses a venturi driven by compressed air, to evacuate the coolant system and then draw fluid into it with very little air left when finished.

Hi Darrin,

Here's a picture of Coyote Cooling System in a Mustang. It's not the same as GT40 but it is a good start to figure out the piping.

I'm planning to do similar to Mustang but didn't figure it all out yet.

Renato

Thanks Renato. I have that picture in color (how I color coded my silicone hoses).

I'll probably mimic it too without the line from the radiator to the overflow since our radiators don't have that.

I've installed a separate small pint-sized cavity (next to the engine) with a radiator cap on it, that is connected through a small hose (3/8") to the coolant system plumbing going to the heads. From there, any overflow goes to/from a small overflow reservoir (located adjacent to the cavity) used for fluid level maintenance.

For initial filling, I use the AirLift system (placed into the radiator cap opening in the small cavity) which uses a venturi driven by compressed air, to evacuate the coolant system and then draw fluid into it with very little air left when finished.

Darn good idea. Thanks!

Back