Charcoal inside gas tank?

My charcoal canister is just a billet cylinder that is filled with charcoal; inlet (with a mesh screen) on the bottom, breather on the top. Because of space limitations the only way I can get to it and not form a p-trap with my hose is to run my vent hose to the top (inlet outlet) and let it breath from the bottom (original inlet).

If I run my hose this way there's the remote chance a small piece of the ground up charcoal might end in the gas tank. If this happened would it be bad (i.e., would it not dissolve in the gas, or turn into muck, or ....)?

If charcoal dissolved in gas (or its vapour) your canister content would be considered a consumable... which it likely is not. You could also possibly get sediment in your gas depending on where you source your gas. You shouldn't be sucking fuel from the very bottom of the tank and you're running a fuel filter which is a maintenance item. I wouldn't be concerned unless you're actually dumping large quantities of large chunks into your gas tank.

Back