Cooant temprature for EFI

I have to change the coolant thermostat and I am running an EZ FAST EFI. The current thermostat was 195 degrees. I would consider lowering the temp to 180 if this would not adversely affect performance of the EFI. I cannot find a reference in the instructions. My radiator cooling fans are set to come on at 195. I want to go to Failsafe thermostat and my choices are 180 or 195.

You can run what ever thermostat you want. The FAST setup will make the necessary adjustments to the EFI. I am running no thermostat and electric water pump, and routinely run temps in the 160 range without the fans on in regular driving without any problems. In stop and go I will turn the fans on. You will find it mostly affects the gas mileage and only slightly the performance.

Bill

I spoke with the tech line at CompCams/FAST. The computer says the motor is warmed up
at 160 so the 180 thermostat should work. Now to put it in and get the car out again.

Dwight

RCR GT 40 Gulf Livery 347 Eight Stack injection
you should replace it with a 195 degree T-stat

It will run better, more efficient, better gas mileage, more hp, burn the water out of the oil, etc.

Dwight

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
you should replace it with a 195 degree T-stat

It will run better, more efficient, better gas mileage, more hp, burn the water out of the oil, etc.

Dwight

I agree, but it would require a new thermostatic control or adjustment for the fans. I would use 205 to 210 for the fans...

Back