Weber 44 IDF s GTD Mark 1

Paul Williams

Supporter
HI guys i have a GTD mark 1 with a 5.0 Ford engine , it has a 4 barrel Holley set up at the moment but want to put Weber IDF s on it , im going to buy the carbs and manifold from one company and get another company to fit and set up , im just a bit concerned about clearance with the rear screen before i spend loads of money on them , anyone know if there would be enough clearance

Many Thanks

Paul

Paul, the measurement from the top of the block to the top of the screen of the 44 IDF's is 11 inches. To my back window is 2 inches (DRB).

Here some pictures for ya...

m_20160426_190029.jpg

m_20160426_190036.jpg

m_20160426_190041.jpg

For those who have 44IdFs, could you share your particular set up (engine features, jet sizing, etc...) ?

To get a starting point, just in case...

Paul,

Does your engine nose down like mine? Has to do with the UN1-13 gearbox and the alignment of the half shafts. I am looking at doing 48 IDFs from Inglese. His link is below. 48 IDAs are 10 7/8, but IDFs are shorter.

Home

Robert

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Robert, it looks like Paul was only on the forum that one day. His profile shows no activity since April. He may be on as a visitor, but hasn't answered anything others have tried to help him with.

Regards Brian

Back