U View airlift cooling system tool

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Gentlemen,

I'm looking at getting the U View airlift tool. I see. that there are two different models. As shown here :

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002SRH5G/ref=s9_dcbhz_bw_g263_i2_sh

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000P9EP5W/ref=s9_dcbhz_bw_d0_g263_i1_sh

The second one appears to be the newest model. From what I can tell, you do not have to switch hoses, as you do on the original model. Anyone with actual knowledge of both ? Any input, would be appreciated.

THANK YOU
Regards Brian

I purchased an Airlift II online to help with the draining, flushing and refilling of my CAV GT40 powered by a 342 SBF. Elevating the rear and draining at the radiator outlet made it a simplified job. The Airlift II made vacuumed and refilling the cooling system without the need for a burp. I live in Arizona so not having to deal with a bubble in the system was much appreciated. I think if you search the ole interweb you can find some good buys on an Airlift.

Question does the system have to be drained to utilize. If not how does it draw out a bubble in the full system. The car on occaision has temps apporaching 210 in traffic and a/c on. I question whether the system is bubble free. will the system eventually absorb any air

LLoyd

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Excellent question Lloyd. I am still looking thru some of the other threads on this forum, and others, but everything I have seen so far indicates this is the unit to purchase. Looks like Amazon has the best price. There are others that advertise less, but when you go to order it is not in stock.

Regards Brian

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Question does the system have to be drained to utilize. If not how does it draw out a bubble in the full system. The car on occaision has temps apporaching 210 in traffic and a/c on. I question whether the system is bubble free. will the system eventually absorb any air

LLoyd

My experience with AirLift is it gets about 95% or more of the air out of the coolant system. My hoses partially collapse when the vacuum is drawn on it. When I do attempt to burp air, very little air is the result, so I quit burping it altogether.

The greatest issue I've had with the process is that it is best to fill your coolant system in one single continuous draw of coolant. Whenever I attempted to add coolant to a nearly full system (I'm using a remote, and very shallow, overflow tank), the application of vacuum on the system tends to draw coolant out of my system, and spray out of the venturi. So I now ensure the system is drained (or nearly drained), and ensure I've got enough coolant (usually 2 gallons or more) at the AirLift pickup tube, to do this in a single continuous draw of fluid out of my bucket, into the system.

Last edited:
Thanks Terry
So your recommendation is drain the system and refill using the tool.
I have air bleeder on the top of the radiator. Bleed air off the radiator after the fill
LLoyd

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I've filled partially filled cooling systems with my vacuum filler without troubles.
It is best to have a reservoir with enough coolant to fill the system because if you run out, you will be trying to pull that vacuum through existing coolant - not the end of the world, but it can get messy..

Back