Audi 4.2 engine using the stock loom and ECU

I can't speak for the specifics of the Audi 4.2, however I do do a lot of work on electrical integration of modern automotive components as my day job.

Personally, I think you will run into a lot of troubles as if it's post millennium chances are everything is CAN based, and it will be expecting certain signals to be present on the bus, for instance the ignition signal from the body controller should match what it sees on the ignition pin, it will expect wheel speed signals from the slip control ECU, and possibly other things like sensors and network management. It's not just the ECU you are likely to need, but all the ECUs on the bus, any gateways etc as well. Not a task I'd relish taking on, but then again it may be possible if the information is out there. Aftermarket ECU would save a lot of hassle, but by the time you do that you could fund something else, small block or crate ls/coyote maybe.

Rob, do you want to swap that lovely rover in your s3 for an aud v8 like hilly did? or is it for a new project?

Back