Starter Button

Hi guys .... What make starter buttons are you using and are they easy enough to wire into a Tornado wireing loom ..

Any body help please ...

Thanks John..

Hi Andy m8 ... Hope you are well and the 40 is behaving LOL ...Thanks for answering . I saw a starter on ebay and it came with a relay in the kit .. So I would think that's what you are saying m8..

Thanks again m8 John...

Go to the breaker yard and hunt for the S2000. Be sure to get the wiring harness(or any part of it) with it as well then you can go to the web and find the wiring diagram and match up the colors of the wiring. If you like safety then you will like the 2000 because it's wired so that the clutch has to be depressed in order for the starter to turn over. Here is the diagram.

S2000startbutton.jpg

You will be lucky to find all the accessory parts on the car so you can get them from any electronics outlet.
I wired mine so that I can spin the engine without the fuel pumps being energized(or the clutch depressed). That way I can bump the starter when setting(or checking) the timing for the engine.

Bill

I went with a momentary Push button with Start on it. Wired it to the keyed switch very simple 12v and to starter tab. I had to bypass the keyed switch because it killed power to the accessory side while the starter was engaged, Not a good thing with Fuel injection. Now just the starter engages while leaving power to the FE computer.
LLoyd

Back