CAV ignition switch question

It appears that my ignition switch is bad on MONO66. I have the relay upgrade but I need to know where to find a replacement switch like the one on the car, with blade connectors. The ones I have seen online look like different. Thanks, chuck

Intermittently it will just stop turning over and all electronics shut off when trying to start. I thought it was the relay, but I changed it and no better. Battery hot coming in to the switch is fine, but ign out dead. Looks like a Lucas part, big surprise .

Pat

Supporter
Check the white (ignition positive) going to the switch (relay) from the wiring loom. Several years ago I discovered the connector I had was corroded and needed replacing. It looked like the connector was not up to the amperage. I replaced with something a little bigger and that hasn't been a problem since. I've also had to replace the add-on relay as that lasted (only) about 5 years. ;)

As least as far as my car goes, Lucas ign switches that look like mine are 47sa and according to the info I have 35598 is correct for a Land Rover part and should fit.

The other thing to consider might be to just replace the switch with a heavier marine unit. One of the other CAV owners did that and if I recall was pretty happy with it.

I got a new switch and changed it out. I turned it to the on position and my fans and vacuum pump came on( as they should) , then tried to start it and it immediately shut down, cutting off all electrical. Suggestions?
Veek, I will change put that white connector and see if that solves it.

Back