Car Alarms .

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Leave the car unlocked
I have a battery cut off in engine bay

So
If someone tries the door it opens and they will not break in and damage anything

If they find battery cut off and have the correct key and have the correct ignition key

Then that is what insurance is for!

After all side windows come off in a minute with a screwdriver so how secure can you make these cars?

Ian

Rev limiter turned to zero. Cigarette lighter doesn't work because of the ignition cut out switch behind it that is engaged when in the normal position and has to be pulled out to the popped position to beable to start

My anti theft setup is part of a safety system. I have an Accusump accessory oil tank that is pressurized and if the pressure falls for any reason it pumps three quarts of oil into the engine. As the pressure returns to normal it pumps the oil back into the tank. If it falls lower, then the ignition shuts down, hopefully saving the engine.
The anti theft part of this setup is that without oil pressure it won't crank. So if someone manages to get power to work it still won't crank. There is a bypass switch that is hidden on the dash between the front of the door facing the dash and the dash. To get to it, the door has to be open(partially). The system can be wired so that on fist position of the ignition key, the tank will empty its oil into the engine and essentially pre oils the engine to eliminate dry starting.

Bill

John,
I think they have to meet a standard for IVA. Keith had his installed at his house for his SGT, so should be local-ish to you and myself. Will try to get the details

Brett

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
With the invention of flappy paddles, has anyone here considered the fact that the best theft deterrent is that gizmo called the clutch peddle?

Back