Coolant Pressure

I have a 15lb cap for a 302 SBF in my GTD, but someone suggested that may be too high. I don't recall it ever popping to the expansion.

I keep chasing a leak around the water pump. Recently replaced the timing chain cover to a version better suited for shorty water pumps. I run my tester up to 15 and leak about a tea spoon and 3lbs over 8 hours. Could I be ratcheting it up too high? Seems to hold nicely in the 10-12 lb range with no issues.

Thanks
Robert

Just to make you aware of other obscure possibilities I had a minute leak like yours on a new LS7 crate engine that nearly drove me insane. It was a porous spot in the bottom of water pump casting. I traced where the water bubble was forming, dried the area with paper towel, and lay under the car waiting for the next bubble to form. It was in the center of the casting away from any gaskets. I rubbed paper around the area above as I thought it was running down to the lowest point. It was not so it was a porous spot. To save removing the pump I squeezed JB Weld into the area. That has fixed it permanently. Good luck.

Back