Silicone Y hose to fit 302 Cobra manifold twin outlets?

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
I have a 48 IDA inlet manifold with twin water outlets.
I was looking for a Y hose to fit, but can only see the cast aluminium pieces on sale in the US.

Are there any uk sources for a silicone hose to fit?

Dave

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Thanks Ian, but I suppose Y hose is a bit misleading as the two outlet pipes are parallel. Pictures show the manifold and the cast aluminium piece which I would prefer as a silicone hose.
Dave

Attachments

• Blue+Thunder+Intake+Manifold+289+302+Tri-Power_L.jpg
    Blue+Thunder+Intake+Manifold+289+302+Tri-Power_L.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 236
  • intake_zps1e484c4e.jpg
    intake_zps1e484c4e.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 243

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
No joy yet, so I will look at alternatives using one 90deg bend, one T piece, and aluminium joiners.
Dave

Personally, I think the best option is to do what FAV/JWA did and have a pipe fabricated in steel or aluminium. Because of the bends involved to clear the front of the engine bay and the water pump pulley, making it up from bits of tube and silicon hose is not the best solution.

I've looked for a photo of the original Y-pipe but don't have one to hand.

Regards,

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
I have the same manifold and have this..... I got it from Brian Wingfield

Attachments

• water pipe 001.jpg
    water pipe 001.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Thanks guys I appreciate your help, at the moment my outlet (from the old thermostat housing) goes to the RHS at head level then down, looking at this original layout it seems to go more or less straight down. It will certainly be easier if I can find something to fit the current routing as it saves work, and I'm worried that changing to the downward routing of that pipe will make things more cluttered at the front. In that respect, the cast Cobra manifold might be more attractive. So I
will have a good look first and let you know the outcome.
Graham, I appreciate what you are saying if I go the downward routing, but the current routing just goes to the side and only needs to tie up with a stainless pipe up at head level, so it would only take one 90 bend, a joiner, and a T piece. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad?
Dave

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Here is the current system, there is no room to use the Y pipe which sweeps down into space I don't have. What I need to do is go sideways to pick up the current outlet ( blue hose leading to stainless pipe at the side. So at the moment I can make up from bits, or buy a cobra cast manifold, make something myself. I don't think I will be lucky enough to find a silicone pipe that fits.
To answet Ians question, the pipes are 5.5" apart with the RHS one an inch further forward.
Dave

Attachments

• Fotor_149588410568384.jpg
    Fotor_149588410568384.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 253
Back