Distributor that works with TWM/Borla 8-stack

Hi guys,

I am in need for advice to find a distributor that fits under the fuel rails of the TWM/Borla 8-stack system. I ordered a MSD 8479 with the belief that it would fit but it did not. I do not want do any more mistakes again so send the question to you guys as I know that some of you are using this system ( with fuel rail in the middle ). Any advice is welcome:)

Thanks
Henrik

Last edited:
Hi Tom,

Many thanks!! I have 331 and I guess I will use a standard silicon cable with a 90 degree spark plug terminal.

The clearance between block where the dizzy goes down and underside of regulator is 195 mm or 7.68 inch.

Thanks
Henrik

Last edited:
Henrik,
Just sent you a PM about this. What plug wires are you using?

Here are two photos of my engine bay showing the 8578 MSD Distributor and its spacing below the Borla centerline fuel rail/regulator assembly...
GT40s.com - PhotoPlog - View File
GT40s.com - PhotoPlog - View File

Also, see this thread: http://www.gt40s.com/forum/507312-post2.html

Hope this helps...

Thanks Tom

I did see that but what makes me suspicious towards MSD is that the stated the 8579 and 8479 to be 7 1/16 inch high and that the 84791 should be the same with the difference that it has a steel gear. I have now got it from MSD and it measures from block to top almost 8.3 inch! I do not know if I have missed something but I want to make sure I now order a new one that I am 100% sure that it fits!

Cheers
Henrik

OK - to be very specific - if someone has a MSD 8579 installed I would be very thankful if you can measure the height of it from where it goes down the block and up to the top with cables installed.

Thanks
Henrik

Bill Kearley

Supporter
Hi, I had the same problem with holey dist. Talk to Ed at Borla (805 246 6045 )
I now have a MSD #8578 and have about an inch to spare.

Bill

Bill Kearley

Supporter
What management system are you using? with Holley HP you should think about a dual sync, the part # 8578. Holley will love you for it.

Back