Could a dual pass radiators flow be rotated 90 degree's?

I am starting another build and have never liked the standard dual pass set up with the in and out on the passenger side. I am thinking of having a dual pass built that has the in and the out on the bottom so it lines up better with the hoses that will be ran down the middle tunnel. It really should not matter right? In the bottom driver side and pushed up hill to the top tank, over to passenger side and down and out. Two fans, one each side. The only difference I see is that it is wider than it is taller and the cooling effect may be changed? It should be the same but if someone has tried it and failed to cool properly I would like to know. Sure would be cleaner looking and fitting.

thanks

ERA uses a dual-pass exactly as you describe.

radiator.jpg

Ron Davis makes ERA GT radiators. Be prepared to spend at least $1000.
Sorry, but you'll have to supply your own drawing. Our setup is strictly ours.

Last edited:

Rick Merz

Lifetime Supporter
Bob,

You will not sell Rod an ERA designed radiator and Ron Davis can not make him one since it is ERA's "proprietary" design, correct? Is it okay for Rod to look at an ERA supplied radiator and make his own drawing, then give that drawing to Ron Davis so that Ron can fabricate a radiator for Rod? Is there a patent on ERA's radiator? Didn't ERA make good money making copies of original GT40 bodies? Most suppliers of GT40's will sell their parts to people who have not purchased a kit from them since they will make a profit from the sale. I don't understand why ERA not only wouldn't sell a radiator to someone who likes their design (since they will make a profit) and would go further to tell them who the supplier of their radiator is but then tell them that the supplier can not build the radiator for them. This attitude is exactly why I did not buy a GT40 replica from ERA in 1994. I talked to a few owners back then and went to a couple of shows and I got the impression that ERA and the owners of ERA cars thought that they were a class above people who purchased other GT40 replicas. I remember the owner of a Green and Yellow ERA at a show refusing to open the rear clam for someone because he just closed it 5 minutes earlier. I couldn't believe it, someone was interested in looking at his GT40 (which was displayed at the manufactures booth BTW), he just dismissed him since he got the impression that the person could not afford an ERA. So glad I bought a GTD instead, why would I give money to a company who treats people like that? Fun fact, I NEVER had an ERA pass me on the track, when it is all said and done any replica GT40 is just a replica of a great sports car and like all of the other replicas no matter how good they may be, they will never command $2,000,000 and up when sold.

Rick

Rick,
We are a very small company, just trying to service our customers within our very limited means. We no longer build the GT because we lost money on almost every sale. We can't sell a radiator out of our limited inventory (and have it returned because it doesn't fit...).
I could share a drawing, but our radiator is sized to exactly fit our chassis. It would be much better if the OP made his own drawing so that the radiator actually fit his application.

Back