Amazing garage

It might just be me, but it's like it's missing something. The space is vast, as is the underground garage, but it just seem like an empty characterless storage box inside.

No car lifts? No tool boxes? Car wash bay? Man cave stuff like pool tables/refrigerators and the like?

I find it dreadful and very sad.

Talk about a soulless enterprise! The premise is sound, but the execution demonstrates a tremendous lack of anything resembling true passion.

Have you ever seen the inside of Jay Leno's collection? He started off with a bunch of airplane hangars, which are rather functional, non-appealing places, and decorated them to the point where I would happily live in any one of them.

THAT guy gets it! This guy, decidedly does not. But whoever pays the megabucks to own his house next almost assuredly will make it over properly.

I saw a lot of almost (if not) identicle new bikes. More like a sales floor than a real collection. I don't know what other kinds of cars he has (if any) but they all looked pretty mundane. The type you'd see in any couple of garages in a fair neighborhood. a shame money is wasted on folks with little emagination. Give me that place & the bank account. THEN come & take a looky LOL Having Money sure is nice (so they say). I'd like to find out someday LOL
Mike S

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
" I have six or ten of these that have never been started"........how sad! And the underground garage has a Chevy Cobalt in it? Too much money, not enough soul...............................

He apparently bought into the "Harleys are collectible" bit during the 100th anniversary scam.

Software engineer. Might not actually know how to do anything mechanical other than understand how the pen works that he uses to write big checks after selling his company. And, no, that's not jealousy, it just doesn't look like he personally gets his hands dirty with any of his collection, and to me that's just not a car guy, that's a collector....could be stamps or WWII helmets or typewriters. Having a bunch of Harleys that haven't been driven and all look the same seems silly too. Oh, but that one is a commemorative one with a frilly seat! Yeah, that's real original.

It's great he's happy with the grandeur of his garage, that's all good - to each his own, but I'm not that impressed. I'm a 1,000X more impressed by a guy like John Shand who produces amazing stuff with his own hands in the back shed in NZ.

Last edited:

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
None cars or bikes rang my bell, if I had that kind of cash I would invest into cool cars and not some monstrosity lift with under ground storage. If I was worried about tornado's (which I do) I would put up preformed concrete walls, concrete roof and reinforce with dirt on the outside. But I don't have that kind of cash so I have a metal building garage.

A friend of mine has a house next to a small closed-down Army base. The Army deeded the land to Seattle and he bought the (very large) lot next door to his house from the city. The lot included an underground bunker of about 10,000 square feet, which was used as a maintenance facility and storage of various Army vehicles. He put in a pool, kitchen facilities,storage for food/water/gas, large generator (vented up through the trunk of a fake tree on the surface above), updated the HVAC, and has storage for about 10 cars. The pool, combined with a filtration system he has, doubles as a small water resevoir if necessary. Huge 1" thick steel doors on hydraulic rams at the bottom of the ramp. It's the coolest darn place. If I ever see a huge mushroom cloud I'm grabbing my kids and heading over there....

Back