sieg x2 clone milling machine....

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
Just got hold of one of these.....see pic

Sold by Machine Mart
Brand Clarke CMD300 3-axis mill

Was originally looking for a decent TIG welder and walked out the shop with the mill and a few other goodies. Smuggled the pallet (they delivered a pallet!! with all the tools I had acquired to the back door) into the shed and ripped open the box.

Nice machine but has taken a few evenings to get it set correctly (lapping the ways, jib screw adjustment and general shipping grime cleaning).

I am going to cnc the mill and will then be able to make some much needed parts for the GT.

I have a thread in the x2 clone mods, on another site...

Admin, is it ok to post the thread location here?

Good to get greased up again after 25 years!!!!!

Andy

Attachments

• CMD300_Milling_DrillingL.jpg
    CMD300_Milling_DrillingL.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 989
Hi Doc,
Any issue give me a shout. I have a Clarke X1 clone I CNC'd last year, and a bigger RF25 (round column) clone for heavy stuff. Thinking of porting the CNC stuff onto the bigger machine if I'm honest. The X1 has worked well for me though, if a little hands on. Great for small stuff and alloys, slow going in steel! I used one of the cheap Chinese stepper kits, though was very glad I went up a size on the motors very extra speed and torque. Have a £20 PC in the garage running Linux to run it.

PS. If you get questions tell the other half you bought a drill. She won't realise that a mill / drill is about five times the cost!

Back