Super low jack for really low cars.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Mike I think they are the same jack. It's interesting that the regular Harbor price is the same as the Summit price. The good news is its a $100 off and on sale. I am going to go get it and I 'll let you guys know what I think later today or tomorrow.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
I've got this jack, and it is the only one in the garage that reaches back far enough to get a proper lift point. So not only is the low profile nice, but it is low and deep. It is HEAVY though.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Question here

If you get a puncture how do you lift the car to remove the wheel?

Car is say 4.5 inches to chassis
Tyre goes flat and you loose 3 of those inches

Only happened once to me and my lighter plug in compressor had enough grunt to re inflate the tyre enough so I could get the jack under but with a blowout?

Really not sure

Ian

Howard Jones

Supporter
So I bought the jack. It's really heavy but will be good for a shop jack. It is VERY low and perfect for our low cars. I wouldn't take it with me to the track though. Just too heavy. I am still looking for a very low, light weight, budget minded jack for the track/trailer.

If you get a flat then drive the low tire up onto a couple of flat boards and jack from there.

Harbor Freight has several of their 1.5 Ton aluminum jacks on sale.Search results for: 'floor jack' Can't tell the difference in them. I have one of their regular low profile aluminum jacks from way back when. They have a 3-3.5 ground clearance. For jacking the front end you have to turn the wheels left or right and come in from behind the wheel. Find a support cross bar and lift. The frames are so rigid that it will lift both front wheels off the ground. Once the adjustable jack stands are under it you can change your approach and come in from the front. I usually get the stands under the front at a low level then raise the rear as high as I need. Then readjust the fronts to level. I get 14+ inches of lift. Easily get 4 jack stands under in 15 minutes.

Bill

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Mike I think they are the same jack. It's interesting that the regular Harbor price is the same as the Summit price. The good news is its a $100 off and on sale. I am going to go get it and I 'll let you guys know what I think later today or tomorrow.

If you look closely they are quite a bit different. I won't tell you what I think of Harbor Freight :)

Howard Jones

Supporter
I used my new jack yesterday on the SLC. Car was at track ride height and that's is VERY low. I just slid it under and up it went. VERY handy not to have to mess with placing boards on the garage floor and rolling the car up on them just to jack it up.

Anyway worth the sale price of 140 bucks.

My super low Jack is two 12" x 24" x 2" boards with an angle cut on the end the car is approaching from. Cost: $5.00 lifetime warranty

Z.

Last edited:

Howard Jones

Supporter
So I have been using it for the last month or so on my SLC and I have to say that I'm very happy with the jack. No more setting the car on something so I can jack it up anymore. Just slide the jack under the car and up it goes.

Like I said before, its a bit heavy, but that's fine for a garage jack. I recommend it.

Back