G50 axle angle

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Bill Bayard,

Thanks alot for the photos you posted in the other thread.

(I didn't mean to hijack Petes 'GT40 Australia #48' thread so I'll start one here.)

The pics posted at least give me a good reference. One more, straight from the back would be helpful.

What I am finding in my mock up is that the trans bell housing, at it's lowest point, is about 3\8" above the lowest point of the chassis tube and the axles have quite an angle to them. At least more than I am used to seeing. But it appears this is normal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Maybe the better question here would be "what is the angle of the axle not to exceed?"

Bill, BTW, what is the sending unit on the right side of the gear box to?

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
BTW,

The original question in another thread (if your reading this for the first time) was:

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you can be of some help to me. I am fabing new mounts for my 351w/G50 transformation (from 302/Renault).

Do you happen to have, in your library of build pics, any shots showing your axles angles? One from top view showing the angle fore and aft as well as from behind showing vertical axle angle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tim,

The left side sender is the speedo, the right side is the reverse lights. I'll see what I can do about a better rear shot. I came up empty in my search of existing photos. I did find a shot of the perfect angle from dead astern, minus the rear clip, but unfortunately, also minus the axles. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

My apologies to Pete for hijacking his thread, but he's been hogging the bandwidth with that pretty car of his! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bill

Rick Merz

Lifetime Supporter
Tim, here is a shot from the back and from about the centerline of the wheel. Remember that I moved my engine foward and lowered it to get these axle angles. Front to back the axles are almost on the hub centerline. Top to bottom the transaxle output hub centerline is about 1.25" higher than the wheel hub centerline.

Attachments

• 59580-DSC00083.JPG
    59580-DSC00083.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 396
Back