transaxle first ....

Hi Jack,

after getting some great advise in the "engine forum" i post this one here.

sorry to tell you that Subaru is not sold here. We had GM come in with Subaru and Opel just to pull out again after only one year. Now they sell the GM SUVs and some obscure car made in Korea called Chevrolet Optra.

So after reading many of the posts i assume Audi might be the way to go. Although Audi has no real dealership here it has an unofficial agent. same is true with VW and Porsche.

Hi Felix, Im lining myself up for a double dose of the forum flamethrower here ,but what the heck, In your case where you simply require a transaxle and strength and originality are not an issue, how about the unit from one of the more powerful Subaru models.(I assume these are available in the Philippines).Its not a big deal to discard the shaft to the rear diff and the transaxle should already have the correct rotation etc. However before we get to far into this perhaps we should move to the transaxle forum. Regards Jack

I'm not sure where this thread started or where it's going but Subaru gearboxes are junk and can only just cope with the power of standard cars. The second guys up the power on the engines the gearboxes smash second or third gear, the centres are too small, gear teeth are tiny, there just not up to the job of big power motors and would be the last thing to put behind a V8!

Back