ZF Dimensions

Does anyone have a ZF out of a car at the moment that could measure accurately the diameter of the register on the front face of the T/Axle or the rear face of the Bell Housing. This is the stepped register that pass's thru the four bolt holes that attach Trans to Bellhousing.

Thankyou.
Jac Mac.

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
[/quote]This is the stepped register that pass's thru the four bolt holes that attach Trans to Bellhousing.[/quote]

Jac Mac

I will try to help but I'm confused with your "four bolt" statement.
Below is a bell where I have just measured the inner counterbored register diameter as 275.46mm with good verniers.
If you need any other dimensions from it just send me a pm.

I will also try to get the data verified by the ZF professional I know for you.

Attachments

• ZF Bellhousing 06.jpg
    ZF Bellhousing 06.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 587

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Hi Jac Mac
I'm fiddling with ZF/2 bellhousings at the moment. The face of the box is roughly 175mm. I can get you any specs for this box as it's on my work bench at the moment. I'm actually making a plastic template for the bell housings to be machined.
Ross

Hi Ross,

JimmyMac has given me the dimension for -2 recess dia as above in post# 2 and Roy is going to fwd the same dimension off a -0. Only other dimension I will require is length of bellhousing-[rear face of motor to front face of T/Axle ]. These two dimensions will be enough to get me on the way. Just want to make sure I put enough material in the casting to cover either trans option.

Cheers
Jac Mac

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Jac Mac,
This one is 100mm long face to face.
The worktop is pretty level and I don't have my machinist's table so I took six datums.
I double checked the vernier height on a glass table afterward with a Rabone Chesterman rule.

Attachments

• BELLHOUSING LENGTH.jpg
    BELLHOUSING LENGTH.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 540
Last edited:
Thanks very much James,

You will do well in the race car scene with measurements like these.

Just one offtopic comment, you will need measuring equipment capable of larger dimensions when you catch some trout out here!!

Cheers
Jac Mac

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
I haven't got James' fancy measuring equipment but I can confirm the 100mm face to face measurement. I'll be in sunny Southland next week Jac Mac but won't have time to go fishing.
Ross

I hear the WhiteBait are running Ross, maybe someone will give you a taste!!
Dont ask me, all I have had so far is promise's.

Thanks for checking the dimension, now all I need is some get up & go to make the thing!

Jac Mac

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Jac Mac / Russ,

I had this nice little trout for your barbie. Unfortunately for you, it went back into the river, as they all do in New Zealand for conservation reasons.

Maybe that is why you have to eat whitebait instead ?

Attachments

• Montana 074.jpg
    Montana 074.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Hmm....... I understand now.

That's why you can get into a 40 and I have difficulty.
Stay alert, steady on the throttle and sharp into those bends. And even win.
Your on a micro diet !!!

But I hope you don't mind me saying so Russ, "it's a bit of a skinflint barbie mate"

Back