which audi transaxle is it

hi there was wondering if anyone coulkd tell me by looking which audi trans this is and if it would be suitasle to match up to a 1uzfe lex v8

Attachments

• 74_1.JPG
    74_1.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 2,857
That looks to be an Audi model 012 5 speed as used on all (USA) late front drive Audi/VW's except TT & Beetle. I'm not sure what a "1uzfe lex v8" is. This transaxle has the same bellhousing bolt pattern as the Audi model 01E.

Andys

Does anyone know how the 012 compares in strength to the 016? The 012 should be more plentiful and maybe cheaper if they would be suitable.

Hi Andy, The box you are looking at is a 012 from a audi a4 1781cc and produces 110 kw the bolt pattern is the same as the 016, depending on the weight of your car , i would go with an 016 if you can find it, they came in the audi 5000 in the USA or audi 100, i have pictures of my setup which is a 016 to Lexus 1uz can attach pictures if it helps, have a look here so you know what an 016 looks like. Trans 5000 Audi - Lambo Lounge and Audi Shifter - Lambo Lounge

Best Regards
Lambo

AFAIK, the 012 has the same bell housing bolt pattern as the model 01E, not the 016.

Andy, I don't recognize that number you posted. The part number and code will be stamped at the bottom adjacent to the differential side cover (on the drivers side). It should read 012 XXX XXX XXX, with the last three places being the lettter code. Though it doesn't appear in the photo, there is often a label with the part number on top of the housing which rarely stays affixed.

Is this transaxle from a USA vehicle?

Andys

Hi Andy, My mistake i have an 013 and a 016 and the bellhousing pattern looks the same, if you go to this site it lists just about every gearbox that Audi have ever made, maybe one on our German members can decode the non english bits for us, but your code letters do appear in the listing, this list may be of help to others also looking for codes. Zuordnung Fahrzeug, MKB, GKB, AKB, MJ
I would have attached as a pdf but can't see how to do that.

Best Regards
Lambo

thanks for the help fellas the box is a uk one believe it or not im realy having trouble finding an 016 as the audi 100 hasnt been around for a while now anyone know what other models they were in such as audi 80 etc

Back