Porsche 944/968 Transaxles

Ron Earp

Admin
Looking for a quick education on these transaxles. I assume the 944 5 speed is similar to the 016, while the 6 speed in the 968 is similar to the 01E? Considering some options for a SCCA ITR race car for 2008 and am collecting information on the cars and relative strengths and weaknesses of various bits, like their transaxles.

Looking for basic info such as rebuild cost differences, durability, LSD options, etc.

Thanks,
Ron

Ron,
Check this site for infromation on the 01E in the 968
Audi Pages
As for information on the 968 itself try 968.net and review the technical threads. I owned a 968 for several years and tracked it at PCA events so I know somethings about the cars and should be able to point you at sources for more detailed infomation.

Peter

Ron Earp

Admin
I've been a member of 968.net for a bit and have been going to Porsche 968 Forums - Where the Enthusiasts meet! for a bit. Thanks for the links on the pages, that is helpful. I might like to give you a call or email on the 968s, need to learn more about them for racing duty. I almost bought one a few years back but got an M3 instead, but I liked both of them very much.

Thanks again,
Ron

Back