RBT where are you?

I'm having a problem getting ahold of RBT. For the last two weeks I've called and left several messages and a couple Emails, all of which have gone unanswered. Has anybody else experienced this problem? Any advise would be appreciated.

Lloyd if your reading this please give me a call or send me a PM. I'd like to get my transaxle ordered for the MKII

Rich.

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Gentlemen,

I talked with the guys from P.I. Motorsports who are also in Orange, CA and resell the RBT 6 as part of a Pantera upgrade package. According to them Lloyd is in the office, but is having a heck of a time keeping up with demand. They said that while he does monitor his phone, he will NOT answer emails. If Lloyd is like most, the best time to try him, IMHO, would be between 7:00AM-9:00AM Pacific time.

Lynn

When I talked to Dennis he told me RBT wasn't returning his phone call either, RBT is snowed in with orders from SPF, about 75 behind, Wayne

For the kind of money RBT is getting, and considering the delays, I would seriously consider adapting a Ricardo transaxle from a Ford GT if I had an SPF GT on order. Seems most of these guys are putting insane engines in their cars and that the Ricardo would be a better overall choice. If it fits, that is.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Mark,

there is no way on Earth that it will fit....

Its a Big'un.....

The adapter/clutch/flywheel is another can of worms too.....

Well yesterday I was finally able to contact Lloyd (early in the AM). I'm now on the wait list with a deposit down and an estimated completion date of 2 1/2 months out. He did mention that he's pretty backlogged but would be able to step up production in January.

Thanks all
Rich.

Pete K.

GT40s Supporter
Hmmmm... I would guess that the Pantera demand is probably fairly flat and consistent, so all of the new demand is for GT40s? How many of these transaxles do they ship out in a month? Are there going to be thousands of GT40s on the streets in a couple of years?

I Have Been Trying To Get Hold Of Lloyd By Email For 3 Weeks Now,i Have A Brand New Rbt Box With No Clutch Fork Or Shaft, He Has Not Even Had The Balls To Answear My Emails Pointing Out That My Brand New $10000.00 Rbt Box Is Crap Without A Clutch Fork And Shaft

The only time I got a hold of him was buying a new transaxle. Otherwise I have left many messages with no reply. Must be nice not to have competition!

Ok,
You guys are worrying me! I had a hard time getting in touch with Lloyd around Sema time. I did finally get him on the phone and ordered two boxes. He did take the time to call me and confirm the reciept of my deposit checks, so I felt better.
I understand the long leadtime due to the increase in demand, but are their quality issues I should know about? I have two SPF's ordered, and want to avoid as many headaches as possible. Should I go inspect the boxes before they ship?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Ron McCall

Supporter
alistair nuttall said:
I Have Been Trying To Get Hold Of Lloyd By Email For 3 Weeks Now,i Have A Brand New Rbt Box With No Clutch Fork Or Shaft, He Has Not Even Had The Balls To Answear My Emails Pointing Out That My Brand New $10000.00 Rbt Box Is Crap Without A Clutch Fork And Shaft

From what I understand,LLoyd is notorious for not returning e-mails.You should try to call him.

Ron McCall

Supporter
tdm434m said:
When I talked to Dennis he told me RBT wasn't returning his phone call either, RBT is snowed in with orders from SPF, about 75 behind, Wayne

But Dennis can supply the ZF for you. He did mine for my RCR.
Great price also!!

They all come from RBT. Dennis is sitting on quite a few unfinished cars becaue RBT isn't delivering.

I really doubt that RBT will catch up with the backog in 2.5 months...I hope the quality of the product doesn't suffer during this time.

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
Since the PRI show is next week, many OEM's and their reps will be getting ready for it and responses to queries will be slow to nonexistant.

Mike,

I agree. I've been told my car should arrive in May. That's why I've ordered the tranny now. Hope for the best.....plan for the worst!

Rich.

BTW, I had a cellphone conversation with Dennis last week. He mentioned that RBT owes him 26 transaxles and their currently building/shipping 2 a month. He also mentioned that their production level is scheduled to go up in January. I sure hope so.

Sounds to me like the only way one might get their trans is to take the plunge and fly out to this guys shop and not leave until you have your transaxle on a shipping pallet.

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Guys

Yes, Lloyd has a tiger by the tail. Unfortunately the only answer is to wait. These are still hand made, extremely high quality and proper gear boxes for the car. There are no readily available equivalent new boxes anywhere near the price so be thankfull for what you've got.

CAV Canada has been waiting since June for a 5spd. We're their biggest customer in the land of snow and that doesn't get ahead of the que.

While we're at it, I've been waiting four months for Webers and Intakes. A little patience please.

About the new boxes coming without the old style clutch forks and shafts, well that's a mixed blessing. We have two cars in stock to complete with annular hydraulic throwout bearings and done properly I expect them to work better and be easier to fit into the CAV monocoque than the old forking part:)

The only thing fast about GT40s is driving them, the build on the otherhand...

Cheers

Back