Modular engine/renault gearbox

Just out of interest, is this do-able?
Has anyone fitted one of these engines into a GT40 replica?
Thanks

Simon

(just dreaming....)

I think someone tried to fit one in one of Fran's cars and found it too wide. Maybe send a note to Fran and ask him.

Bill D

fran fitted a 4.6L mod motor i sent him into my gt40. took a lot of time and effort. but, alas the exhaust wouldn't fit and the rear deck lid won't close. there were other problems too.
now i have a 4.3L lexus DOHC engine in my gt40. more efficient and it fits! fran has adapters for the lexus to g50 porsche transaxle. look at fran's super car.
very popular in aussie land.
wes

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Not to be a pest or anything, but the mod motors are HEAVY boogers, they weight as much as an FE but smaller displacement. I mean the DOHC is a definite plus, but why not just go with an old pushrod Ford with an aluminum block and save weight? Just a personal opinion. I was thinking it would be pretty sweet to put a DOHC 5.4 Navigator engine in there with a sheetmetal intake and twin turbo the sucker. Haha You would have a serious monster on your hands. Ah well, don't listen to me, it's your car!!! That's why you bought it, to do it your way.

But I think the TT 5.4 DOHC is a GREAT idea. You can purchase the new Ford GT transaxle from Ford Motorsport too!! :pepper: Notice how I completely did a 180 there?? hahaha

Back