Ford motor/Audi transmission adaptions

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
We're working towards a universal adapter kit for Audi and Boxter trans axles to suit Ford, Chev Ls and maybe Lexus.
The kit will include enough stuff to bolt up and go
Would like some feed back of interest;)
See :- Ford Mod. to O1E adapter plate

Attachments

• Ford Mod. to Audi  O1E 007 (Small).jpg
    Ford Mod. to Audi O1E 007 (Small).jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 2,032
  • Ford Mod. to Audi  O1E 008 (Small).jpg
    Ford Mod. to Audi O1E 008 (Small).jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 2,092
Last edited:
Chris,

That's wonderful - will be very popular I'm sure. I'm wondering if you're speaking of a single adaptor plate to handle multiple applications (Audi/Boxster to Ford/Chevy/Lexus) or several different plates tailored to each application? A single plate to handle many applications would be a phenomenal feat of engineering IMHO and highly desirable.

Personally, I know I'm interested in exploring the use of a boxster transaxle for a modest output 302 derivative as G50s and ZFs are so hard to come by presently. I'm certainly no expert but I would think the Boxster transaxle could reliably take a little more torque than the old Audi 5000/016. With a reasonably priced adaptor plate on the market I would guess the Boxster transaxle might become pretty commonly used as these are plentiful boxes at sub $2,500 prices.

So, thanks for taking up the initiative here - will be exciting to see your progress.

Interesting. I assume it's a modular setup? (I'm not referring to the oversized, overweight, underpowered, insufficiently reliable OHC engines from Ford.) That is, sets of trans bellhousing adapters and engine block adapters with a common means of fastening one to the other? Very slick.

How is the 01E-to-SBF adapter kit coming?

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Thanks Cliff,--Mark, the pic is for the OHC modular motor-- the SBF will be similar except for the starter position. We can make to order any combination from the data we have .(better start saving )--we will hold stock if a popular combination is required.
I'll be off the air for about 5 weeks --as I'll be seeking the source of the Guinness pipe line to Aus. from Dublin:rolleyes:

:chug:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Chris, have a great time in Ireland, I can highly recommend it although I doubt there is much Guinness left after my visit. Merry Christmas to you and the Princess.

Hi Chris,

I am interested in an LS1 / LS2 to Audi 016 plate.

Let me know when you have some details.

Troy

Chris,

I think it would go over very well. My only suggestion would be to try and keep the purchase price down.:D There are some members out here that are not as financially gifted as others.

Spider
Retired USAFrockonsmile

Looks nice sir,

I have been trying to get people to use the Boxster 5 and 6 spd. units for some time. They are fairly stout units, similar to the 996's that Ultima runs inverted. Which may also be a nice application to spec. out.

Please keep me up to date and I would be interested in a distributorship if available.

The Boxstrer 6 speed is a great gearbox, big wide gears, very large main and pinion shaft, and it is not that large. I can provide dimensions if some members out there woulk like to take measurements to determine fitment. These are $$$ Cheap too, only about $4k from us rebuilt with a warranty. Plus they are already setup for mid engine use.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Re: Ford / LS1 motor/Audi transmission adaptions

We're in the middle of a LS1 to Audi 016 :sad: trans adapter kit incorporating the LS1 flex plate and starter (similarly to the pic above) custom flywheel and a modified toyota clutch.

I have an adaptor kit for the LS1 to 016 ready to go. I use the stock flexplate and starter location. I will be working on one for the Boxster and Cayman transaxles if anyone is interested. PM me for details.

Chris,

Whats the latest on the adapter kit?

Joz

We're working towards a universal adapter kit for Audi and Boxter trans axles to suit Ford, Chev Ls and maybe Lexus.
The kit will include enough stuff to bolt up and go
Would like some feed back of interest;)
See :- Ford Mod. to O1E adapter plate

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Well, there's been pretty well bugger all feedback on this subject,which tells me that its not worth holding stock. However with the data we have, we can do adaptions as "one offs" for those in need.
Our focus is with the G50s,930 and Boxter G86

Well, there's been pretty well bugger all feedback on this subject,which tells me that its not worth holding stock. However with the data we have, we can do adaptions as "one offs" for those in need.

What will be the cost on an adaptor, Ford 302 to Audi trans?

Joz

Hi there Chris.

I could well be interested in an adaptor, Nissan JDM VH41 to Audi 016 trans if you produce such a conversion.

Tim

I would love to get an adapter plate/kit for SBF to the Boxster 6-speed - is this one that you're considering putting together?

Thanks.

Isnt the boxter 6 speed like an 01e with a different bell housing

Justin do a private email to flatchat he can help you.
If not I can give you his email.

Jim

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Has anyone got a Boxter --012 --G86 whatever, trans that I can have to measure up? It looks like the bell housing is similar to the 01E --but need to be certain.
My email :- [email protected] -- for personal attention :shy: thanks chaps

Back