Ford GT Ricardo transaxle

Hello! Iam from Sweden thats why it quite bad english.
I have a Ford GT transaxle, not much space left but I shall try to build anyway. Which flywheel and clutch? The starter coing to be in wrong place also, it should be much better if i can screw it from the motor block.

Attachments

• PICT3977.jpg
    PICT3977.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 3,705
You appear to have a complete Ford GT motor and transmission assy, or at least a trans and motor that match without any adaptor plate etc, so why change that? Would it not be simpler to use original GT Flywheel/Clutch and starter and modify the space frame slightly in the starter area for clearance.

Hi Magnus, agree with Jac Mac. Use the original starter and clutch pack. Best way to go. I have a different chassis (RCR) and even that is VERY tight. Using the OE accessories will give you the best result in my opinion.

GT40_200708_2.jpg

I have problem with the angle of the drive shaft. I cant get the Ford modular motor more forward so i think this is the best angle i can get. What do the knowlege people out there think?
I have not weight the transaxle but i think it is 90Kg = 198 lbs

Attachments

• PICT3978.jpg
    PICT3978.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,469
  • PICT3979.jpg
    PICT3979.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,410
If you mount the rear upright in its correct position it wont look as bad as your top link & upright is well forward of its correct position in the first photo above. You really need to mockup your rear suspension as accurately as possible in order to measure angles etc and compare them to the limits of the CV's operating range.
Having said that if you can get the motor further forward even 30/40mm by notching the chassis/ cutting down a pulley size/ or removeing a non critical lug or engine part it would help a lot.
With that motor in place its easy to see why the GT was a bigger car than the GT40:)

40 Bud,

I don't know about just the Ricardo, but I have heard the Ford GT drivetrain weighs in at 900 lbs!

S

Last edited:
Hello again
Now I have move my engine forward. I modified the steel constuction in front of the engine and take off a little under the transaxle. Now I am satisfied. Iam not finished the steel constuction in front of the engine but I think it`s enought place left for the seat and my self. I dont now why but i cant upload picture. Go too my gallery for more detail picture on my building process.
Picasa Web Albums - Magnus
Thanks for support and help
Magnus Viktorsson

Back