ZF transaxle question

If I buy a used ZF transaxle out of a Pantera do I still have to have it redrilled to invert it and run it in a GT40. Is RBT the only guy to adapt the ZF to run inverted? Thanks

If I buy a used ZF transaxle out of a Pantera do I still have to have it redrilled to invert it and run it in a GT40. Is RBT the only guy to adapt the ZF to run inverted? Thanks

Yes assuming it has not been in an inverted application before, and No there are several others that can do the work if you seach some of the ZF related threads and ask the right people for references you should be able to find someone.

Personally I dont see what the big mystery is.

Fearsome, where do you live? There is not much to inverting a transaxle, however if you are going to purchase a used unit, it would be in your best interest to have it looked over and probably rebuilt.

We would be happy to help you with this if you would like. Let me know if I can be of any help to you.

Warmest Regards,

Erik Johnson
Carquip Sales
(303) 443-1343 ext 2

It isn't necessary, but it may be easier to invert the transaxle than to modify
the rear chassis subframe and other parts to get the ZF to fit in the Pantera
orientation. Others have installed the Pantera ZF without inverting it. Depends
on how much work is involved, and how much you want to spend.

Ian

Back