Audi Slave Cylinder Quick Disconnect

I have tried searching the forum, but no matter what I put in I can't seem to find it. My grey cells remember that someone had found an aftermarket fitting that worked with the Audi quick disconnect on the slave cylinders? Have I remembered right? Thansk

Brett

Hi Brett,

I don't know if this is what you mean, but it may help. We use a fitting which clips into the quick connect in the slave, onto which you fasten a std -3 braided line. Saves our guys purchasing the (expensive in Aus) OE Audi hose.

I can mail the fitting itself over if it will help ?

Regards Paul

Attachments

• DSCN0376.jpg
    DSCN0376.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 3,526

Chuck

Supporter
Brett:

Are you referring to the adaptor to connect the slave cyllinder to the hydralic hose? If so here is a bit of info from my build blog:

The slave cylinder requires a fitting to match it to the -3AN clutch line. This is not a part you will find at your local <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:City w:st=
<st1:place w:st="on">NAPA</st1:place></st1:City> or Autozone store. The fitting is a 12 mm to -3AN. We ordered it from Mesa Hose Inc., <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Costa Mesa</st1:City></st1:place>, CA. Phone: 949-645-2661. Specify part Goodridge P/N 306-03-M121D / Sachs P/N SH1640

I believe the original post was asking how to adapt to the quick release type fitting found on mostly the 01E (plastic) slave. Since at the time I was unable to find such an adapter fitting, I used the slave from an Audi 80/90 (US) which fits the 01E, hence I located the appropriate Goodridge adapter fitting to mate that slave to a -3 (or -4) hose. Below is a photo of the slave I used for the 01E with the Goodridge fitting in place (Barely visible; the blue fitting with blue tape on it).

I may purchase the adapter fitting from The New RF as a back up for the future.

Cheers,

Andy

Attachments

• IMG_0235.jpg
    IMG_0235.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 791
Back