Best Gearbox for 40 UN1-Audi-Porsche??

I know this has been covered in other threads , and oh boy i have read them all. Just wanted some fresh input
1.Gear ratios
2.Final drive ratios
3.Max power handling
4.Cable or rod shift

Thanks

The ZFQ race wining purpose built GT40 transaxle good for 600Bhp and 550ftlbs of torque, fits without adapters, cable or rod shift. Ford or LS chevy bellhousing.

If you want one the next batch of 30 will be ready February.

Synchro or dog box.

Manufactured by Quaife for GT Transmissions

Remember your car is only as good as its transaxle and it will always be worth the investment..

Regards

Chris.
GT Transmissions

Chris, what do gearboxes cost . cheers

The ZFQ Retails at £6495 = $9600 US at todays rate

Remember that the ZFQ fits with the standard 157 tooth Ford flywheel, Ford 10.5" Clutch, standard Ford Starter and off the shelf pilot bearing.

Other transaxles need adapter plates special flywheels and clutches, need upgrades (LSD)or flipping, output shaft adapter or stronger input shafts and mounting brackets/plates. Have tricky gear change solutions, flywheel match balancing issues, special pilot bearings ect. Most other transaxles give you miss aligned drive shafts and a high engine position or stick out the rear of the car or are too heavy.

ZFQ=65 Kgs
Rickardo=95Kgs

So to sum up you can spend a lot of money trying to fit a second hand transaxle and give yourself a lot of extra man-hours and headaches and achieve a poor ill driving car as a result, I know I have don it myself and paid the price with a snapped input shaft on a Renault 30 tranny on one of my trips to Le Mans. Not to mention the GTD cable gear change (talk about stiring your tea)

Regards

Chris

The ZFQ Retails at £6495 = $9600 US at todays rate

Remember that the ZFQ fits with the standard 157 tooth Ford flywheel, Ford 10.5" Clutch, standard Ford Starter and off the shelf pilot bearing.

Other transaxles need adapter plates special flywheels and clutches, need upgrades (LSD)or flipping, output shaft adapter or stronger input shafts and mounting brackets/plates. Have tricky gear change solutions, flywheel match balancing issues, special pilot bearings ect. Most other transaxles give you miss aligned drive shafts and a high engine position or stick out the rear of the car or are too heavy.

ZFQ=65 Kgs
Rickardo=95Kgs

So to sum up you can spend a lot of money trying to fit a second hand transaxle and give yourself a lot of extra man-hours and headaches and achieve a poor ill driving car as a result, I know I have don it myself and paid the price with a snapped input shaft on a Renault 30 tranny on one of my trips to Le Mans. Not to mention the GTD cable gear change (talk about stiring your tea)

Regards

Chris

interesting.
i paid quite a bit more than that 2 months ago. did the price come down that much or did they see me coming?

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Just by comparison: I paid $7500 for my ZF -2 transaxle several years ago, and then spent better than half that on getting it converted from left side change to right, etc. I have more in the transaxle than I do the engine. If the ZFQ had been available, I would have bought one.

I also wanted the 10.5" single-plate clutch and bought an ERA bellhousing. I believe, though, that Chris has a bellhousing available as well- correct me if I am mistaken.

Hi Mike

What has happened is that the exchange rate between the $ and the £ has gone from over $2 = £1 To today's rate of $1.46 = £1 plus you have the shipping and duty charges?

So basically the difference in price is down to the economic climate and currency changes,
I believe you have also seen your gas price come tumbling down in the USA over the last couple of months.

As Jim said we can supply the Ford/Chevy bellhousing for the ZFQ at £400, with this exchange rate the ZFQ is now cheaper than the ZF and its a good time to buy because the exchange rate is in your favour.

Regards

Chris.

Hi Chris
Thanks for the gearbox advice. Do you offer a external hyd clutch slave system for use with the ZFQ? Do you recommend rod or cable gear change.
Are all UK prices subject to usual VAT.
Thanks

Hi Adrian

The ZFQ uses the original GT40 slave cylinder and I recommend rod change for right hand drive cars and cable change for left hand drive cars.
and yes we have to charge VAT for uk purchases. You could get company sponsorship for the VAT?

Regards

Chris.

Back