Audi/Getrag Codes&Gear ratios

Does anyone have a current upto date list of audi/getrag transmission codes , gear ratios and the car model they are fitted in?

thanks

Adrian, here's a chart with some codes and ratios for the 016 which may be helpful. I think it may have been Ron that came up with this data and put the spreadsheet togther so credit goes to him.

Attachments

• Audi Gear Ratios.xls
    73.5 KB · Views: 3,614
Mark,

I have constructed a spreadsheet / graph to help chose ratios for my Hewland VGC, I am struggling to get the final part of the graph to work properly, not sure if you can help but I need to add a trend line that graphically links the rev drop at each change so as each line depicting the revs drops from 7000 as it intersects the next gears rev line and so on.

Thanks

Iain

Attachments

• Hewland Ratios Final 3.xls
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,144
In a desperate search for a transaxle to replace the weak and feeble Renault UN1 in my Lotus Esprit Turbo, I have done some investigation into VW/Audi alternatives. The attached spreadsheet lists all of the 012 and 01W 5 speed transaxles used in A6/A4/Passat up to 2000, but they were used up to 2004 with codes beyond those listed. The highest engine torque these boxes transmit in Audi/VW applications is 310Nm. The ratio data is from Audi workshop manuals zo iz gut!

These boxes feature frequently on ebay (Jan'2010) and would suit applications that do not exceed 310Nm peak torque.

Note 1) boxes built after 11 Jan 1999 have stronger diff and pinion bearings.
Note 2) all boxes in the 012/01W range are identical except ratios, regardless of their application.
Note 3) Max. clutch diameter is 240mm.

Unfortunately, I had to limit the useability of the spreadsheet to accommodate forum file size.

Hope this is of some use.
Bill.

Attachments

• 012 & 01W Audi VW transaxle data simplified.xls
    41 KB · Views: 2,350
Back