Help with adaptor/clutch

Hi,
I have a UN1 and an adaptor to go to a SBF, my question is what flywheel can I use with this setup, I have not been able to find a flywheel that will fit inside this adaptor, I've talked to a Tilton rep and a Spec rep and know one was of any help. Please give me your advise and maybe a place to get one in the USA.
Thanks,
Bob

Last edited:
Hi Bob:

It seems I read somewhere on the net that some of these adapter kits used a Ford V-6 flywheel which is smaller than the V-8. I know the 1977 Mustang II had a small V-6 option

Bob, Mick Sollis at SouthernGT can supply all the components you need including specifically balanced flywheels. His business has no connection with me or I with his, but I can recommend him as a reliable source. Frank

Bob,

Frank and Mick are the guys to speak to. A WEALTH of info and knowledge, what these guys don't know isn't worth knowing.

Simon:thumbsup:

Howard Jones

Supporter
Bob, What splines are on the input shaft of your gearbox. I ask because I have a flywheel that I will never use to fit a GTD with a Renault to SBF adapter in my garage. This is the correct odd V6 ford flywheel that came with GTD's originally. It has never been drilled or balanced and is new in condition. You will need to have it balanced to your motor and drilled to suit the SBF crank and clutch you will use.

I also have a AP clutch to fit this arrangement if you have a modified (ford splines) Renault gearbox. If your gearbox has a one piece input shaft that has splines to fit a Ford clutch this Clutch will fit inside the Renault bell-housing. Its a good AP 10.5 inch and is probably good for 400-425HP.

You can however use a upgraded clutch (Max 325HP) from Centerforce made to use in a Delorean as it is the same thing if you stay with the Renault splines. I have also come across other clutch options that will work quite well with 350HP. Kind of a Hybrid Centerforce and locally modified button pressure plate. This way you can stay with the Renault T.O. bearing and T.O. bearing arm made for the Renault bell-housing.

If you are interested or just want to ask questions then drop me a PM and I'll send back my Ph# so we can talk.

I really don't need a lot of money for this stuff, I need the room for SLC parts. I'm here in the US so I might save you some $$$ shipping from Europe.

I will be happy to split up the two if you like.

Last edited:

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Bob

Simon winter is the guy to speak to because he knows who to speak to which is Frank or Mick.

What a load of rubbish!

HUH?
What the hell have I done?
Please excuse me for trying to help out another forum member.
You REALLY ARE expecting me to run all my posts past you for approval aren't you Andy!
I have PERSONAL experience of the top class work of both Frank Catt and Mick Sollis from Southern GT.
Apart from those two I have NO experience of any other manufacturer.
I have however always tried to be supportive of ALL GT40 manufacturers be they in the UK or abroad (please look through my old posts showing my support of RCR, Tornado etc)
Jeeez, some people!:thumbsdown:

Hi All,
Thanks to all for there response to my question, EVERYONE has been more than helpful, the response I got was great. Now I need to digest all of this and come up with a game plan. I'll keep you posted in my build thread.
Thanks Again,
Bob

Back