Transaxle I.D.

This appears to be an 013 gearbox. The predecessor of the 016, some parts are interchangeable with the 016, but most parts (gears and shafts) are listed as no longer available in the VAG parts list.

Tim is correct. If you are calling salvage yards ask them to verify the code stamped in the top of the bell housing. The codes are list on the forum along with gear ratios. Mine has a 5N you are looking for 1984-1988 Audi 5000.

Thanks guys. On closer examination I noticed that it does not have the side shifter like the 016. I was checking ebay for Audi transaxles and ran across this one.

I am a new member and have a question about ZF transaxle ID. I have a car (Indra) that was built in 1968-1970 and has a ZF 5 speed transaxle from 1968. I need help identifying the model and getting any other information about it.
I have the following cast numbers on the side of the gear box - 1031 401 035. On the top of the gear box is what appears to be a serial number as it is stamped into the casting - 1039.
Can anybody help me identify it and get some technical information?

Thanks.

Roland:
That gearbox should have a tag riveted to the side of the shifter box, it will have serial number, 1st thru 5th ratios, final drive ratio and model number on it.
Cheers
Phil

Thanks, Phil, but unfortunately there is no tag riveted to the side of the shifter box. The only identification numbers are thos is said in the post.

Is there any other way to identify it.

Roland

Another way to identify the Audi boxs is to look for the casting numbers of the different case parts. The trans model number will be part of the casting number. These pics are from a 4wd 016. Im still a rookie at posting pics, I hope they are viewable.

wm

Back