New guy, Audi 012 help

To introduce myself, my name is Tyler and I have a unique project that is not a GT40 but along the same lines -----maybe.

I am starting a '65 VW Karmann Ghia coupe project. That in itself doesn't have anything to do with this board until I mention that I am transplanting a '99 Audi/Passat 1.8T with an 012 5 speed mid ship. Yes, some say I am crazy. Who needs a back seat anyway!!!

I have the major parts purchased, and have most of it figured out, except how to shift the manual trans. I have been lurking here for some time observing others use and talk about this trans, and this is my question;

Which years of Boxsters use a shift linkage that will bolt up and work with this 5 speed. I am pretty sure the '97-99 will work, but not sure of the 2000+. I have a line on the shifting assembly from a 2002 Boxster 5 speed. Will this work as well, or did Porsche change the transaxle in 2000 to something other than my Audi trans? Pelican parts online ETKA show there is a change for 2000 to all the parts, but it could be minor or major changes.

Thanks for the help, Tyler

Tyler go to the 914 club and ask Brad Roberts about the boxter. He owns the club site and also has a boxter site. He won't try to sell you anything but is very knowledgeable. The 914 is a mid engine car and alot of the people there are using other trannys than the porsche in the 914 and some are using the audi.

Back