Votes: 21 5.3%
  • Ricardo

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • Other not listed

Votes: 23 5.8%

• Total voters

Ron Earp

Admin
Title says it all. I'm interested in the poll results with respect to choosing a transaxle vendor. Plus, I think folks might find it interesting for general knowledge.

Please excuse the lack of detail on certain choices or types. I'm not a transaxle expert by far!

Ron Earp

Admin
Not too many votes on the poll yet given the number of cars represented on this forum. Com'on fellows, give it a whirl - and if your browser says "your security token is missing" then clear your browser cache and cookies, that should fix it.

Good question and poll I just hope fellow builders chime in and give an opinion. I may be a couple of years away from beginning my build, but I already have chosen the builder, the motor, options and the color is down to 3 choices. What still has me confused is which transaxle to install for reliability and performance.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Just a note Ron, when I logged on I voted but it popped up and said I was missing some type of security token. I just pulled this tread up and now it allowed me to vote. Perhaps others are having the same problem. Not sure what token I was missing its over my head.

Jack

Ron Earp

Admin
Just a note Ron, when I logged on I voted but it popped up and said I was missing some type of security token. I just pulled this tread up and now it allowed me to vote. Perhaps others are having the same problem. Not sure what token I was missing its over my head.

Jack

Have a look at post #2 on this thread......

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 1,929
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,535
Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Any chance RBT could be included in this poll? Thank you for considering!

Would the RBT be any different than the ZF that is currently in the poll?

I don't think that polls can be changed once saved & started - but I could be wrong..

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Here's some shots of my G50/03.

I like the fact that using this transaxle allows the engine to sit low in the chassis.

G50-03.jpg

G50-03_2.jpg

IMG_1112.jpg

Ron Earp

Admin
We've only got 149 votes, I know we have more than that number of replicas on this forum.

I was able to change the "ZF" to be "ZF / RBT" but the poll only allows 10 options so it can't be out there on its own.

Be interesting to know what the "Other not listed" folks are running.

Randy, what is behind the red curtain? Is that where you hang the bodies?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Randy, what is behind the red curtain? Is that where you hang the bodies?

:laugh: You found me out!!!!! :laugh:

Actually - It's a nylon car cover that I used to drape over the car while doing a lot of metal work in the shop. I've since given up trying to keep anything clean out there and the cover is now in a box.. :rolleyes:

- Do we need a category for "Home-built" transaxles? (Edit) I suppose that would fit into "other" - sorry 'bout that... :)

Ron Earp

Admin
So in gross terms:

30% are using a ZF
20% are using a Porsche of some type
20% are using a Renault
25% are using an Audi

A bit surprising. I suspected the Renault would be high because Tornado uses them and GTD uses them, and there are a heck of a lot of GTDs floating around - about every second car that comes up for sale in the UK seems to be a GTD. I find the ZF surprising I suppose, that it is that high, and sort of expected the Porsche take to be a bit lower.

HI ALL I noticed mention of a 6 Speed Renault tranaxle would anyone be running 1 ???? Did they ever become available ???

Back