Audi 012 to Porsche 930 CV Adapter Drawing and question.

Hi All,

Long time no post.

Attached is the drawing for the CV adapters I've now made for going from an Audi 012 to Porsche 930 CV's.

Now I've got the things in my hand they feel a little light for the job. I'd like to draw on the experience of people that have also made CV adapters to see what they think, do they look ok to you?

The CV bolts have thread 15mm into the adapter and there 10mm thick under the counter bored cap screws.

Attachments

• Inner CV Adapter.pdf
    401.8 KB · Views: 1,095

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Doug, you have my seal of approval-- we used to do something similar when using corvette universal drive shafts to the G50 :thumbsup:

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
It appears the 930 bolts will thread into blind holes (because if they may interfere with the 012 flange lip if too deep)? I've always used steel for mine 930 adapters and never had an issue with them because they felt "light".

Yeah the 930 bolts can't go through the complete depth of the adapter as they break tthrough for the last 4mm, hence they have 15mm of thread engagement not 19mm.

There made from K1045 steel which is a 450mpa grade steel *from the top of my head) in Aus, there are UK, US grade equivelants cant remeber them at the moment.

Looks good Doug, have the starts to a similar drawing for my 01X. Question for you, is the 012 offset like the 01X?

Mick menioned to me that it would be easier to make up unequal adaptors and make the driveshafts the same length. I think it about a 1 3/4" difference on the 01X

Brett

Doug,

Do the 930 CV's have those protrusions between the bolt holes. If so, wouldn't your adapters need scalloped cutouts to clear them? Here's an adapter for an 01E (with the larger tripoid flanges) to Porsche Carrera CV's that I made up. I believe my CV's are the same size as 930's.

Andy

Attachments

• CV Adapters3.jpg
    CV Adapters3.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,054
The face on the 930 CV's is flat, however at max plunge the inner cage protrudes through the outer ~3mm and this needs to be allowed for in the adapter.

This site here is good for CV info:

CV Joints 101

OLn the 012 the output flanges are offset, from my measurements the difference is 42mm, which I think is too much to dial out with the adapter thickness as you'd end up with oine adapter being ~64mm thick.

Those of you living in Aussie, have you tried Holden Comodore CV's Im running a G50/01 with the same CV bolt pattern as the 930 I believe.
6 x m10 bolts on 94mm PCD
Late model Comodore with IRS CV's bolt straight up and you can buy
heavy duty SS CV's.
Woody.

Looks good Doug, have the starts to a similar drawing for my 01X. Question for you, is the 012 offset like the 01X?

Mick menioned to me that it would be easier to make up unequal adaptors and make the driveshafts the same length. I think it about a 1 3/4" difference on the 01X

Brett

That is exactly what I need to do with mine, are you producing more? I would like a set also.

Adrian

Adrian,
Probably a one off, but I can ask Mick. My computer went bang at the weekend. As sson as I have fixed it I'll post the drawing for you.

Brett

Hi all, just an update to running these type2/4 to 930 CV adapters. They are working flawlessly in a few hybrids we've built and I am machining some more as per tech drawing using 1045 steel. Just PM if interested in a pair.

Back