Porsche G50 measurements...

I have looked through all 56 pages of the Powertrain/Transaxles section, and cannot find what I am looking for.

I need this info for a project I am involved with...it involves the Porsche G50 box...

Does anyone have the axle centerline to tailhousing donut centerline distance(length between the two)? Does anyone have the axle centerline to tailhousing donut centerline offset (height difference between the two)?

I need someone to take some PHYSICAL MEASUREMENTS for me, on a Porsche G50.

Can someone PLEASE check the C/L distance from the axle to the C/L of the rubber donut on the tailshaft?

Also, I need the offset from the C/L of the axle to the C/L of the donut on the tailshaft (the difference from top to bottom).

No problem. I'll be at the garage tomorrow. I can take measurements of my G50/03 and let you know.

The lady took priority today...that means I get all day at the garage tomorrow!

Tomorrow evening I'll post them up.

Found these online. Cant say if they're right or not.

Attachments

• G50 Bell housing Dimensions.jpg
    G50 Bell housing Dimensions.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,831
  • G50 dimensions.jpg
    G50 dimensions.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 2,183
In relation to the axle center line and the mount center line, inverted (for mid motor mounting) the axle is .75'' LOWER than the mount. If the mount is facing forward (for rear engine setup) the axle's would then be .75'' higher than the front mount.

Russ

Found these online. Cant say if they're right or not.

Yes the measurements in the G50 dimension drawing are very acurate, made those myself :lipsrsealed:

you missed the G50 side measurements btw should be 3 pics in that series, those contain the awnser to the question also, I'm at work at the moment so don't have the files at hand.
have them for the Renault UN1 also should anyone be interested.

regards Thomas

I am still interested. Any and all measurements help. :D

Yes the measurements in the G50 dimension drawing are very acurate, made those myself :lipsrsealed:

you missed the G50 side measurements btw should be 3 pics in that series, those contain the awnser to the question also, I'm at work at the moment so don't have the files at hand.
have them for the Renault UN1 also should anyone be interested.

regards Thomas

Hey Wyoming,

will try and post the picture tomorow.

you need the hight difference between the drive-shaft bell centers and the center of the rubber donut in the back?
I hope I have those in the picture, I machined down the rear casing on the mill for it to fit my GD chassis. I think however that I can relocate the middle within about 0.5cm or 0.2" which shouldn't be a problem because thats well within the play the rubber gives you on full throttle...... :)

regards Thomas

Back