Audi 2.7TDI transaxle

Hi everyone

I'm looking for info about the Audi A6 2.7TDI front wheel drive transaxle box. (180-190HP-380Nm, 2005-2010)

I have looked and searched on this forum for info about the box but I haven’t found so much about this particular box, but pretty plenty of the 016 and the 01E boxes.
How good does this stand up against the 01E or the 016?
Any negative/positive info?

Thanks

I'm not certain about the 2.7 TDI but the A6 2.7 BiTurbo (250HP/250Ft.Lbs) uses the 01E 6 speed.

My wife's A6 2.7 BiTurbo is a Tiptronic 5 speed auto.

Hi,
I have an A02 box in my car all alloy housing 6 speed rated at 380nm,i beleive it came out of audi a4 or a6 diesel.
It is shorter than an 01E with similar ratios and weighs about 63kg.

cheers Ali

hi hope this photo comes out

Attachments

• P9290462.jpg
    P9290462.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 2,001
Hi,
I have an A02 box in my car all alloy housing 6 speed rated at 380nm,i beleive it came out of audi a4 or a6 diesel.
It is shorter than an 01E with similar ratios and weighs about 63kg.

cheers Ali

Thanks Ali for the info :)
Great with the box id since I did not know it.
But have you tried it/perhaps any test drive? What do you have for a engine attach to it? Hp/nm? Do you know the top speed or perhaps any 0-100kmh/0-60mph with your engine?

Hi, have not tried it out yet my motor is just being wired up to computer.
calculations say 6500rpm should equal around 320kph not that i will have horsepower
to do that ,i will only have about 330hp.
cheers Ali

Other than possibly Eric (formerly of GBox, now on his own), I would say Ali has the most experience with this box. That's one of the good things about this forum...knowledgeable people willing to share what they have learned the hard (or not-so-hard) way.

Alright, thanks again Ali :)

Any one else who has any info? :)

That's one of the good things about this forum...knowledgeable people willing to share what they have learned the hard (or not-so-hard) way.

I've noticed that since this forum is the only one who have give me any answers (have tried 4different forums)

If I have understood it right, it seems that the 6speed tdi box isn't so ordinary in theese applications yet?

I've noticed that since this forum is the only one who have give me any answers (have tried 4different forums)

If I have understood it right, it seems that the 6speed tdi box isn't so ordinary in theese applications yet?

Their use is rare, mostly due to some ignorance about the box being a "diesel" unit and thought unfit for duty behind a gas V8, and because these boxes are not a common unit here in the States.

Okey, guess I have to se on my own how good it is :)

Thank you for the info, and if there is any more, just post it :)

Wiberg,
I will be using a a 01X 6 spd in my 40. Hopefully wil get to UK IVA test over the winter period. Mine came from a TDi unit, but not the 2.7. There's a few people using this type on this forum, as well as the 01E variant.

Do a search on Audi boxes and you will find Scott's information on here. He is based in the US and has a lot of experiences with the boxes.

Brett

The 2.7 tdi uses an 0A2 transmission. It's significantly weaker than the 01E.

The only 2WD 0A2 available in the USA was in the Porsche Boxster S.

The 0A2 is a decent gearbox, however to service it requires expensive special tools and Audi had problems with the shift detents, enough to issue a service bulletin in the USA. The reverse gear holder is plastic and has known to break.

The 0A2 however has a torque capacity higher than the 01X.

Thanks Scott, but what do you mean by weaker when the tourqe capacity is higher? I thought it was the torque that killed the boxes?

___
Sorry 'bout that, I saw now that you mentioned two different boxes

Last edited:
Back