Ricardo shifting movment

I wonder if anyone has experienced how the side to side movement feels when switching with Ricardo tranaxle. I'm trying to get a good feeling of the shifting. When I switch from 1-2 to 3-4, it feels distinctly but when I have side movement from 3-4 to 5-6 and back to neutral 3-4 I have not the distinctly feeling. I need to help the shifting reglage so its reach the neutral positoin. Maybe it will be better when you get the engine running and starting to spin the transaxle?
Hope you understand, I show with some pictures.

Thanks
Magnus

Attachments

• 2011-01-03 18.49.51.jpg
    2011-01-03 18.49.51.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 456
  • 2011-01-03 18.49.37.jpg
    2011-01-03 18.49.37.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 450
Nice installation Magnus. This is unrelated to your Ricardo, but are those small catalytic convertors near the end of your exhaust? Do you have to meet emission standards in Sweden? Will those small cats be enough?

Hello
Thanks
We have no demands yet, but it will probably be before I get ready with my building. It is FIA approved catalytic convertors for track days when I intend to go on the track.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hi Magnus,

I would advise that you use caution / care when shifting any transmission while not turning. The synchronizer rings are relying on this motion to help bring the gears and sliders into alignment. To shift the transmission when not spinning is actually causing an exceptional amount of wear on the dogs of the gears, sliders and synchronizers.
Also -
It has been my experience that shifting a transmission that is warmed up and running is vastly different from one that is cold and static.
You may also want to take a look at your cables and brackets for any flexing motion. Any movement (even the slightest) of the cable or brackets (other than the cable ends - obviously) will show up as an excess movement in your shifter.

Back