UN1 cable shifting

Hi Guys,
I know some of you are looking for a solution for a smooth cable shifting with the UN1. I was looking for the last weeks how to make it and how to overcome the problems with the existing solutions....I figured out that the biggest problem comes from the cable that changes from 1-2 to 3-4 and to 5th gear as this cable has a very bad angle ( 90 degrees) to the gearbox and it starts twisting while shifting....my first step to solve this has been done ( further development will come to change the cable routing completely ) the shifting is know very nice and easy ....One remaining problem is the distance between the gears ...based on the transformation ratio coming from my gear leaver ....which is to short ....but this will be changed later.....The cable I am using is not fully what I want but this was the only available part on the marine shop....unfortunately :-( ...I will look to a different one later after I made all modifications....However, wanted to share this with you as it works quite nice .....

Thoughts, recommendations ?

Attachments

• IMG_0089.jpg
    IMG_0089.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 621
  • IMG_0090.jpg
    IMG_0090.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 564
Guten Abend Carlos, I'm interested in your cable shift for the UN1, how is it working for you, I'd also like to know if you have a centre shifter? I'm interested to see the mechanism of your shifter?

thanks

Keith

On mine, I made up a right angle bellcrank mounted in 2 small bearings and mounted it on top of the gearbox on the rear housing. The cables remain straight, shifting is easy and precise, there is no 'bending' of the control cables at all. I used a modified Toyota FWD shift lever assembly. Cables are standard 'Morse' cables used in boats.

Back