01E Tilton OT II Setup Splines??

Hi guys

Can someone help me sort out a 2 plate OT II setup for an 01E?
I have a clutch here but no plates. Is the 01E a 24mm x 23 spline x 25 degree? Or 15/16th x 23 spline?

Thanks
Gus

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Wooot ?

15/16" = .9375" = 23.8125mm

Assume 15/16" x 23 spline or 24 mm (Nominal) x 23 spline

25° (~20°) = pressure angle of the involute spline

Simple answer is, they are the same thing.
:blank:

Thanks! Exactly what I needed.

So Im guessing the 1" x 23 disc for a porsche 6 spd wont work?

Last edited:
Hey Ive been trying to fit the 3 plater. There doesnt seem to be enough spline length left for the 3rd plate!!

has anyone fitted a 3 plate OT2 to an 01E before?
what clutch pack was used? ACC or ABA?

Need some help with this.

Alrighty Ive sorted all this out. I can confirm that I can run 2 and 3 plate Tilton setups and I will be providing part numbers in this post. I will only focus on OT2 setup however this info can be applied to OT3.

1. Clutch Cover - 7.25" (Just about anyone one works) Obtainable cheaply from ebay (ex Nascar stuff). They come with massive diameter spline discs which you can choose to keep as spare.
  2. You CAN run 3 sintered discs (0.104") on the 01E however, bear in mind that the 3rd disc (closest to flywheel) will appear as if it is not going to be sitting completely on the spline. In my initial evaluation, I wasnt allowing for the setup height, so the discs go back further onto the spline. However, there isnt a hell of a lot of room left on the spline...Part number for 3 disc pack is 64185-2-ACC-41 (These are stacked hubs). The 64185-2-ABA-41 will NOT work.
  3. To run 2 disc, you have two options, sintered:thumbsdown: vs cerametallic:thumbsup:. If you run sintered 2 disc, you will either have to mill down the clutch cover meant for 3 disc to suit, or buy a 2 disc cover. The part number for 2 disc sintered is 64185-2-AA-41. My preference is to run cerametallic discs instead which can be used with the clutch cover without mods. You end up with a spare floater disc. The part number for cerametallic disc pack is 64185-7-AA-41. There is a small mod required to run the 3 disc clutch casting. You just need to take a shave off it to match the casting required for cerametallic setup or just buy a new casting to suit cerametallic.

To get all the required dimensions, you can download the cad drawings for the setups from the tilton website. In all these setups, you will need a 0.100" step on the flywheel. I just ended using a Tilton 132T flywheel Ford SB Flywheel 51-1203 7lbs. I setup my starter with a 29.2mm 11T pinion and it meshes perfectly.....the audi ring gear setup requires a 25mm 9T pinion.

I will be posting the TOB spacer and also possibly a flywheel shim dimensions next...

Hope this helps anyone who is on the tilton path....

Ok for those that dont want to fork out for Tilton plates, you can run

Quartermaster (0.25" rally discs) Part number 226042ry

Helix (3 paddle discs) Part number 51-1015

The Tilton discs are .283" when new so if you are using Quartermaster discs you will have to machine down the clutch cover to make up for the thinner discs.

The Helix discs are 0.283" so OK.

Reviving this old thread as I think this is the road i need to go down. With my 454hp at the wheels and 780ft lbs of torque in third gear , I think this is the way forward for me.

Has anyone done a set up like this? is there someone in the World that sells a kit like this already set up for the 01E? any help greatly appreciated?

Yeah im in contact 034, seems they supply all the Audi side of things including a thrust bearing holder and thrust bearing to suit Tilton pressure plate and Audi clutch fork. So lots of wins there. Just need to decide on which way to go with a custom flywheel either button type with flex plate or full custom flywheel.

Back