Possible option?

Its the 6 speed transaxle that Albins are building for what they are calling the Car of the Future...the next generation of the Aussie V8 super cars, up til now thay have used a Hollinger 6 speed in the 'normal, bolt to engine location' & open axle ford 9" assy at the rear, this Albins unit is slated to replace that in the COTF build, yes it has the pinion/driveshaft @ the 'wrong' end, but I couldnt help wondering that if that lower shaft was hollow why not make it exit @ the R&P end with a bolt on bell housing... hey presto, instant sequential dog engagement six speed transaxle, that is obviously being engineered to survive 1000km @ Bathurst in a relatively heavy saloon, what better test can you get than that..

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Albins do build 'normal' transaxles but most of the ones I have seen are much to long for a GT40

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Further to my last post, I rang Ross Nicol to catch up with him again and during the conversation he mentioned Albins are now doing a GT40 transaxle. Another new kid on the block, but I think I would have confidence in their product.

I wonder what their pricing is ? Anybody know any more details?

Back