Ford GT transaxle...

I was wondering about the transaxles used in the '05+ Ford GT's, I have read that those are Ricardo units, Does anyone know if these were exclusive to the GT or are used on another cars?

Another question, How does this Ricardo unit compares to after market offerings?

I know that these are everything but cheap, but I'm trying to get an idea of the performance if some day I get a Coyote engine I'll mate it to this transaxle instead of using that POS 5.4 engine (powerful I know but not for my taste)...

Thanks for your input....

Enrique

Hola Enrique!

The Ricardo is a very robust 6 speed transaxle that we use in the SLC designed by Fran Hall at RCR. It can handle most any horsepower/torque as long as several upgrades are added, most notably the axle bolts. Fran has the adapters to fit LS engines and probably others. They are in limited supply....and yes....you can contact Fran as he has some at his shop.

The Griffin transaxle is nearing it's roll-out and worth looking into as well.

they used a custom GETRAG in the newer ones....

I was wondering about the transaxles used in the '05+ Ford GT's, I have read that those are Ricardo units, Does anyone know if these were exclusive to the GT or are used on another cars?

Another question, How does this Ricardo unit compares to after market offerings?

I know that these are everything but cheap, but I'm trying to get an idea of the performance if some day I get a Coyote engine I'll mate it to this transaxle instead of using that POS 5.4 engine (powerful I know but not for my taste)...

Thanks for your input....

Enrique

Enrique, hang out for the Griffin transaxle. It will be available in several configurations and will be far less expensive than the Ricardo. Used "off the shelf"
gearsets too!

Hey there Guys,

I just thought that I would pop in as it has been awhile. I like the Ricardo gearbox, but it is quite heavy. I recommend pretty much what everyone else has had to say here, however if anyone needs more personalize help, you can find me at GBox again.

Glad to be back around the group, let me know if there are questions that I can help with.

Erik Johnson
GBox Performance
(303) 440-8899 for weekday questions
(303) 485-0206 home number for weekend questions

Back